ACA Pediatrics Council Virtual Pediatric Education Week
The ACA Pediatrics Council had decided to cancel all in person events through the end of the year. With growing case numbers across the US, the Council feels encouraging travel is too risky. We have opted instead to host a virtual pediatric education week! The details of this event are still in development so check back often for updates!
CE’s for the event will applied for through PACE. More information on PACE state eligibility will be published once approved.
Contact: Natalie Muth, DC email@example.com
What is it Like to Have a Pediatric Practice?
Chiropractic Management of Children with Asthma
Sponsored by NCMIC
Taping Applications in Pediatrics
Sponsored by Rock Tape
What the A’s? – How to be an EBP clinician
Caring for Our Youngest Athletes
Gait Evaluations and Orthotic Considerations in Pediatric Patients
Sponsored by Foot Levelers
Considerations for the Pre-Competitive Athlete
Registration and schedule
Saturday October 24
12-2PM EST: Taping Applications in
7-9PM EST: What is it Like to Have a
Sunday October 25
12-2PM EST: Considerations for the Pre-Competitive Athlete
7-9PM EST: Caring for Our Young
Tuesday October 27
7-9PM EST: Chiropractic Management of Children with Asthma
Wednesday October 28
7-9PM EST: What the A's: How to be an EBP Clinician
Thursday October 29
7-9PM EST: Gait Evaluations and Orthotic Considerations in Pediatric Patients
All sessions will be presented live only. Registration is available for individual sessions or as a full seminar bundle.
Council member discounts are automatically applied when you sign in to register!
Bundle Pricing for all 7 sessions
ACA Pediatrics Council Member……$99
A la Cart Pricing per session
ACA Pediatrics Council Member……$15
The council celebrated 10 years of pediatric education in the ACA. In addition to the 14 hours of continuing education presented by our speakers, the Council awarded the first ever Pediatric Chiropractor of the Year Award.
Speakers and Topics
- Dr. Elise Hewitt: History, Physical Exam, and Adjusting Techniques for the Pediatric Patient
- Dr. Jenny Brocker: Topics in Pediatrics: Craniosynostosis
- Dr. Jennifer Murphy: Chiropractic Considerations for the Adoptive and Foster Child
- Dr. Mary Ann Block: ADD and Autism: Same Cause-Same Treatment
- Dr. Claire Johnson: What Works? Contributing to the Evidence Base in Pediatric Chiropractic
- Inside Your Practice Panel: presenters Dr. Lisa Goodman and Dr. Sarah Radabaugh
9th Annual Symposium was held in March 2017 as a Pre-Congress seminar ahead of the historic DC2017 event in Washington DC. Despite some challenging weather, the event was a great success with inspirational speakers and exciting new directions for research in pediatrics.
Speakers and Topics
- Dr. Elise Hewitt: In Office Management of the Post-Concussive Pediatric Patient and Assessment and Spinal Manipulation for the Young Pediatric Patient
- Dr. Katie Pohlman: Current State of Research in Pediatrics
- Dr. Randy Hewitt: Treatment of Sports Related Extremity Conditions
- Dr. Annette Schippel: Setting Our Children Up for Success by Correcting Digestive Issues
- Dr. Claire Johnson: How to Use Research to Build Your Pediatric Practice
- Dr. Christine Goertz: Clinical Data Registries: An Overview of How a Pediatric Registry Will Benefit Chiropractic
- Dr. Julie Hartman: Clinical Grand Rounds with Panel of Expert Speakers
8th Annual Symposium was held in collaboration in the ACA Rehab Council in Las Vegas, Nevada in March 2016. It was an exciting weekend of inter-specialty plenary sessions and specialty specific tracks. We had a great time working with the Rehab Council and look forward to future collaborations with the Rehab and other specialty councils.